"I had some of the best moments of my life on The Orville, such as beating the crap out of Charlize Theron." ― Adrianne Palicki[[source]]Adrianne Palicki is an American actress who plays Commander Kelly Grayson on The Orville.
Adrianne Palicki has had a long career acting in sci-fi and action related media. She played Agent Bobbi Morse on Marvel's The Agents of Shield, Ms. Perkins in the John Wick film franchise, Jaye in G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Jessica Moore on the TV series Supernatural, and even Diana Prince in a failed 2011 TV pilot for a Wonder Woman series.
MacFarlane approached Adrianne Palicki directly to fill the role of Kelly Grayson, giving her a copy of the pilot script to read first. At the time, the two had been friends for over ten years. Palicki has repeatedly said that she was convinced to join The Orville after reading only the first five pages. "You kind of meet Kelly when Ed [Mercer] walks in on her with a blue alien, and ... some blue stuff comes out of [the alien's] ear, head, whatever, and covers her. It was one of those things where I lost my mind laughing."[n 1] After, MacFarlane asked if she wanted the role, to which Palicki enthusiastically agreed.
Palicki fell in love with her character, finding Kelly to mirror her own personality in some ways, but she worried that the extremely funny opening of the pilot made it difficult to portray Grayson in a way that would be sympathetic with audiences. "This was going to be the biggest challenge of my life," Palicki recalled in a November 30, 2017, interview. "To come back from that as a character and hopefully win people over."
For her first season performance, Adrianne Palicki was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Actress on Television.
- Even before The Orville, Palicki was friends with J. Lee, Seth MacFarlane, and "dearest friends" with Scott Grimes.
- Her favorite episode is Krill.
- Palicki and Charlize Theron declined the use of stuntwomen for their fight on the Bridge, preferring to duke it out themselves.
- ↑ Palicki also said this a month earlier. "Adrianne Palicki Chats About The New FOX Series, "The Orville"". BUILD Series. Oct. 4, 2017.
- ↑ "Adrianne Palicki Chats About The New FOX Series, "The Orville"" BUILD Series. Oct. 4, 2017.
- ↑ Rich, Katey. "Adrianne Palicki, One-Time Wonder Woman, Isn’t Scared of Angry Sci-Fi Fans". Vanity Fair. Oct. 12, 2017.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Radish, Christina. "‘The Orville’: Adrianne Palicki on the Incredible Sets and the Hopeful Side of Sci-Fi". Collider. Oct. 5, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Seth MacFarlane and Adrianne Palicki". The Talk. Nov. 30, 2017.
- ↑ "THE ORVILLE Exclusive Seth MacFarlane & Cast Interviews - #SDCC 2017". JoBlo TV Show Trailers. July 24, 2017.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "NYCC 2017: Adrianne Palicki & Scott Grimes - The Orville". WithAnAccentTV. Oct. 13, 2017.