The Calivon Zoo is a Calivon building on a planet in the Calivon system displaying members of species considered "inferior" to themselves. Exhibit cells contain advanced technology that replicates the home environment of its prisoners.
The Zoo was built and is maintained by the Calivon to house species that are less technologically advanced, and therefore viewed by the species as inferior. There are at least five stories. The overseer of the facility is the Administrator.
Each cell is bound by force field for visitors to glance inside, the same principle used to seal the brigs and outer hulls of Planetary Union spacecraft. If any of the attractions attempt to touch the force field or otherwise escaped they are dealt a powerful shockwave knocking them back and discouraging any further attempts.
Additionally, each cell comes equipped with a method of exterminating its inhabitant through a euthanasia sweep, a lethal combination of gases and lasers. The combination also serves as an effective method of containing diseases to a single cell, which implies that cells are not perfectly sealed
To capture their victim, the Calivon send out buoys with holographic projectors that trick their quarry into entering the buoy. Once inside, the victim is instantly teleported to a Zoo holding cell that resembles their most natural habitat.
- Ed Mercer (released October 2419)
- Kelly Grayson (released October 2419)
- Unidentified Xelayan female
- The holographic projector used by a buoy to trick the crew of the USS Orville was later adapted by the Union to disguise Ed and Helmsman Gordon Malloy as Krill soldiers.
- The entire set of the zoo was built inside the set of the Orville's Shuttle Bay.
- ↑ Episode 1x06: Krill
- ↑ "The Orville Fan Podcast w/ Jason Roberts (The Orville Unit Production Manager)". Planetary Union Network. April 19, 2018.