"The joy of acting comes from the joy of reading." ― Chad L. Coleman[[source]]Chad L. Coleman is an American actor who plays Klyden, Second Commander Bortus' mate on The Orville.
Chad L. Coleman grew up in Richmond, Virginia. He grew up on the show Lost in Space, which had a "profound effect," sparking a love for science fiction that matured with Star Trek. After being in foster care for his teenage years, he enlisted in the US Army. After the Army, he moved to New York and performed in many plays including Broadway performances.
His most prominent roles are that of Dennis "Cutty" Wise on The Wire and Tyreese Williams on The Walking Dead. Other shows that he has appeared in include Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, Electric City, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrow, and The Expanse.
The Orville Edit
Coleman said he laughed out loud as soon as he read the script.
He says that performing the role of a Moclan calls upon his Shakespearean training to speak soberly and with a carefully articulated cadence.
- He won Best Supporting Actor in a Short Film at the Northeast Film Festival for his work in "The Black Ghiandola" (2017).
See also Edit
- The World of the Orville, page 79
- ↑ "THE ORVILLE Exclusive Seth MacFarlane & Cast Interviews - #SDCC 2017". JoBlo TV Show Trailers. July 23, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Casey-Wolf Center. "UCSB Script to Screen: 2017 Comic Con - The Orville". Vimeo. July 22, 2018.
- ↑ Petski, Denise. "Chad L. Coleman & Larry Joe Campbell Join Seth MacFarlane’s Fox Series ‘The Orville’". Deadline. April 3, 2017.