"It's very funny, but it's very grounded in reality, and portraying a very comfortable future, which is reassuring." ― Halston SageHalston Sage is an American actress who plays the Xelayan crew member Alara Kitan on The Orville.
Halston Sage was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.
She has played roles in films such as Neighbors, Paper Towns, and Before I Fall. She also had experience with television before the Orville, starring in the main cast of Nickelodeon's How to Rock in and NBC's Crisis.
On October 31st 2016 Halston Sage and Penny Johnson Jerald were cast as series regulars in The Orville. Halston later recalled: "I fell in love with the script the moment I read it. Even though it's a sci-fi world, there's humanity to the stories." She felt grateful to creator Seth MacFarlane for casting her for the first time in her life in the role of a strong woman. "I've never been considered. No one's ever believed that I could do that."
During Paleyfest 2018, Halston said that she was looking forward to Alara's development as a character during Season 2. Expressing interest in having her possibly settling down in a serious relationship and to explore Xelaya .
- Alara Kitan is Halston Sage's first role in a Sci-Fi/Fantasy series.
- She rode horses competitively for eight years
- Halston was nominated for the "Best Kiss" MTV Movie Award from her performance with Rose Byrne.
- She was the editor of her high school news paper.
- Halston has a minor fear of heights. She claims filming Firestorm with Adrianne Palicki during the abyss scene, ironically, forced Sage to confront her phobia.
See also Edit
- The World of the Orville, page 56
- ↑ @TheOrville. ""I fell in love with the script the moment I read it. Even though it's a sci-fi world, there's humanity to the stories." - @halstonsage". Twitter. July 22, 2017.
- ↑ "THE ORVILLE Seth MacFarlane, Adrianne Palicki, Scott Grimes, Halston Sage & Penny Jerald interview". bigfanboy. Sept. 10, 2017.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySWH_EPFqU&t=56s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZCuw3BLp9g&t=19s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_hkyC3xkgg