Krill is the sixth episode of the The Orville Season 1.
After the Orville crew defeats a Krill attack on a brand-new colony, the Union sends Ed and Gordon on a dangerous undercover mission to infiltrate a Krill ship and obtain a copy of the Krill bible, the "Anhkana," to better understand the enemy.
- Seth MacFarlane as Ed Mercer
- Adrianne Palicki as Kelly Grayson
- Penny Johnson Jerald as Dr. Claire Finn
- Scott Grimes as Lieutenant Gordon Malloy
- Peter Macon as Bortus
- Halston Sage as Alara Kitan
- J. Lee as John Lamarr
- Mark Jackson as Isaac
Special Guest StarEdit
- Michaela McManus as Teleya
- James Horan as Sazeron
- Michael Dempsey as Harry Leidecker
- Makabe Ganey as Coja
- Gabriella Graves as Krill Girl Student
- Caleb Brown as Krill Boy Student
- Tim Neff as Krill Soldier
- Brandon Melendy as Krill Guard
- Jordan Lane Shappell as Krill Bridge Helmsman
- Fred Tatasciore as Krill Voice (voice only)
- Alina Andrei as Guard #1
- Justice Hedenberg as Krill Soldier
- After Gordon is stabbed in the leg with the knife, he states "Dammit!, that's a brand new leg.", in which he is referring to the events of the previous episode, in which Isaac cut off Gordon's left leg in an attempt to make a humorous prank, which in the end it got replaced with a new leg.
- Guest star James Horan continues The Orville's use of actors with connections to the Star Trek franchise. Horan made guest appearances on all four of the Rick Berman-era series, from Next Generation through to Enterprise. He is best known in Trek circles for playing an unnamed humanoid character colloquially referred to as "Future Guy" in five episodes of Enterprise.
- Alara mentions that she has broken up with Josh, due to him not being able to date someone who's stronger than him, considering Alara's strength.
- The Krill are going to attack the colony "Rana III", which is a reference to Star Trek: The Next Generation 's episode "The Survivors" where the Federation colony Rana IV was attacked.
- The severed human head prop used for the chapel scene was molded after famous special effects artist Tom Savini.
- A production error that results in a continuity error occurs in (SE01EP09) Episode 9: Cupid's Dagger which affects this episode. The Planetary Union ship that carries Admiral Ozawa is USS Olympia (LCV-529), a heavy cruiser, a larger ship than USS Orville. However, in that later episode, Darulio is carried aboard USS Olympia (SCV-183), according to the spoken dialogue and the shuttle he arrives on, SCV-183-2. This ship is smaller than USS Orville. Thus the show has used USS Olympia as the name of two different Planetary Union ships, one smaller than the Orville, and one larger than the Orville.